Senior Safety Consultant
Douglas Teigum is a Senior Safety Consultant and brings over two decades of EHS program development and management experience, and on the ground manufacturing plant EHS leadership. Douglas’ expertise is in developing, implementing, and maintaining uniform multi-site EHS programs that comply with corporate policies, while working closely with site-level plant leadership and safety staff to ensure consistency and regulatory compliance throughout all sites. Douglas’ successful EHS program development accomplishments include MN AWAIR/IIPP, Blood-Borne Pathogens, Emergency Action Planning, Medical Emergency Response Teams, HAZCOM/Employee Right-to-Know, Ergonomics, Fire Prevention, Indoor Environmental Quality, Control of Hazardous Energy (LOTO), Machine and Equipment Safety, First-Aid/AED/Medical Services, PPE, Respiratory Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Walking and Working Surfaces, and EHS Training.
Following implementation of these programs Douglas continued to drive multi-site safety performance by overseeing continuous improvement efforts including uniform EHS training development/delivery, tracking and trending, certified sustainability efforts, ongoing EHS audits and risk assessments, and safety committee management and oversight.
- Master of Environmental Health and Safety: University of Minnesota, Duluth (all but graduate project)
- BA: University of Minnesota, Duluth
- OSHA-Authorized Outreach Trainer – General Industry (OSHA)
- CPR/AED/First Aid Instructor (NSC)
- Emergency Management Institute Certified: ICS-100, ICS-200, IS-700, IS-913, IS-906, IS-907 (FEMA)
- Medical First Responder (EMSRB, 1994-2000)
- American Industrial Hygiene Association
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- Minnesota Safety Council
- National Safety Council